Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MADMAN: The Chilling Tale of Frank Einstein

MADMAN
Click on it for the larger classic horror movie poster!!! ;)

Hello Pulp Friends,

My good friend Mike Allred's magnificent & oversized MADMAN MONSTER is out today (I believe it measures 11x17" like those awesome IDW Artists' Edition books).
I am happy to say that this gorgeous book includes this little poster I did of Madman in the vein of the Classic Universal Horror movies.

Hope you guys dig it and I hope you have that extra $$ to pick up the book: totally worth the price, trust me :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla

3 comments:

Denver Brubaker said...

......[mind blown]..........

Mike's MADMAN was one of the first "indie" comics I read (with Miller's SIN CITY] that opened my eyes to the world beyond DC and MARVEL. I'll always hold a special place in my heart for this character. Great choice in going for the old school Universal vibe! Bravo!

paulwestover said...

Love...LOVE this Madman piece! Very well done!

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you so much, Denver and Paul :) Taking Mike's creation in my favorite Universal Classic Horror settings was an easy choice, and I am glad you both dug it :)

Cheers,
Francesco